Saturday 10 October 2009

You know you're West Indian when ...

As loads of you know, I'm always on my Twitter as I find it easier and an instant way of communicating to people.

Stuck at home yest, I was in and out of Tweeting and a fellow tweeter of mine (sup Xi'an) were wishing producer Dready a Happy Birthday and let him know we would have fixed him some 'hard food' had he been here in the UK to celebrate.

After passing a few jokes the day went by without incident until. R&B sweetheart Jamelia came on later bored and started the trend:
#YouKnowYoureAYardieWhen which I've got to say has given me the most joke.

I had to blog some of them for those who aren't on Twitter and seeing as I'm from Barbados and Guyana for the West Indians as a lot of this applies to us (minus the small island digs lol)

Shout out to everyone who made me laugh til no sound came out, my cheeks and stomach hurt and I was exhausted, and Jamelia who started the madness. I swear half of these were from Dready too! *side eye*

#YouKnowYoureAYardieWhen:

you got Loads of gold teet.
you refer to your mother as "moomy"
you meet a girl and after 2 days u tell her you love her.
you think you should get served first without joining the queue.
you pull out a machete in a fist fight.
your mum looks like your sister.
you expect to get in every dance for free.
you call corned beef 'bully beef' and you eat it with rice and cabbage.
"psst" is a perfectly acceptable chat up line.
your kids party finish ah 3 ah clock inna di marnin.

(Sorry I am laughing hard as I type, this is still funny 9 hours later lol.)

you say 'tall hair' instead of long hair.
everybody says BRAP at a tune and you reach for your lighter (editors note: even when you don't smoke.)
your brothers and sisters are the same age as you.
playing dominoes is SERIOUS.
after a Saturday night passa passa you go straight to church (had to be Xi'an with that one.)
you know about blue soap.
you have Imperial Leather in ur yard.
you go home and they call you henglish.
you prefer the reggae version to a tune
you eat bun and cheese for Easter, not chocolate (ah Henglish ting, dat.)
you refer to an Asian person as chineyman/ooman.
you can wash, cook, clean and iron aged 10 (11 for me.)
you pose when talking on your phone.
you snigger when you pass the Chinese restaurant called 'Hot Wok' (lmao every time.)
your mum/dad/aunty/uncle suddenly have a stutter when you're getting beats.

Aight, mi dun! Go and search the Twitter trend and catch more joke. Bless. <- that's a next one. Finishing your sentence with "Bless" Also when you spell checked this blog and it took 5 mins to "add to dictionary" Lickle more! x -- Posted from my iPhone










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really surprises.

Anonymous said...

Where I can find it?

DEL.ICIO.US

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites