Friday 9 October 2009

Blowing up the moon



I seriously saw this discussion floating around all week, and honestly thought it was a joke. I mean, sending two missiles to blow holes into the moon, our moon that controls the tides in regards to the water on Earth to find out if it has water? Shut up! Sounds more like a terribly written Hollywood film starring Bruce Willis with rock ballads and slow motion shots of men in space suits walking to the spaceship. Yes, I am referring to another version of Armageddon.

But it was actually true. And when I found out, I was dumbfounded. In fact still am. Imagine if they did damage it. What would happen to our oceans?

Luckily, the mission was unsuccessful, but how long will it be before the fools at NASA try this tomfoolery again? Joke ting.

If you are interested in the reports from NASA, then click here to go to their website.


No comments:

DEL.ICIO.US

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites