Thursday 8 May 2008

Hanging around in dark tunnels CAN acutally be good


I managed to get to see the CANS festival this morning, and decided to ignore all the hype and negative press that has surrounded it and went with an open mind, eyes and my cam and I have to say that I loved it.

Yes, you could argue that it has all been done before and it wasn't original, or even childish as I've read but to me it was an escape. walk from the hustle and bustle from the commuters and tourists on York Road to near silence and you are greeted with some of the most beautiful colours and textures I have seen together in one place.

It took me over an hour to walk from the York Road end out to the Marsh, as there is so much to see and so much detail. It was nice as strangers stood and talked for ages about their experience and it was nice to share that with them.

I urge you to go and have a look if you can before Eurostar paint over it or something equally as stupid.

I took some photographs on my little digi camera and you can view them here.

No comments:

DEL.ICIO.US

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites