Tuesday 5 May 2009

Swine Flu? Let's get things into perspective here!

"90 people get swine flu & everybody wants 2 wear surgical masks. 1 million people have AIDS & STILL people refuse 2 wear condoms."

I have seen this statement in many status' the past few days and I was thinking about this on the train this morning as I took my son to school. And the more I think about it, the more it set off alarm bells in my head.

I remember reading somewhere that there has been a rapid increase in the number of cases of the AIDS and HIV infections in the past year alone, many of those being in the Capital. Even just from me having a quick look for statistics, the majority of the articles are heavily weighed towards Africa. This gives people reading these papers/publications a false impression that its 'over there' and not in fact in the UK when it is thought that there are around 77,000 people here with the virus (HIV) and a further 20,000 people who don't even know they are infected.

What the hell is wrong with us?! We should not be blind to this, nor should we be sheep and follow others and take these articles at face value. There is a crisis in the UK right now. The Black population in London alone are the biggest proportion of the community who are contracting both HIV and AIDS and this is down to childish attitudes, ignorance by thinking it is more connected with gay men and women, and also not being responsible enough to get tested regularly for fear of looking 'slack' I wish I could find these figures, but for now you will have to believe me when I say that I believe this to be true.

I'm hearing all sorts of foolishness surrounding this fabricated 'pandemic' of swine flu. Yes, it has now apparently reached the shores of the UK and for some of us close to home in South London, but it is a bad case of the flu where there is a vaccination against it. We know there is probably a cure for AIDS and the HIV virus out there, until we get it we need to ensure we aren't put in the position to contract it in the first place!

At this point, we need to be concerning ourselves with being safe while having sexual contact. Regardless of if you are in a stable relationship, as people do cheat. Just means that you should be tested less regularly than those who are not in a stable relationship.

Please, PLEASE get yourselves tested regularly wear condoms and just look after your bodies. We spend more time looking into the specifications of our phones and flat screen televisions than we do in regards to going to the clinic or doctor. How sad is this?

A few minutes of being uncomfortable versus a lifetime of drugs and doctors appointments? Think about it. 


No comments:

DEL.ICIO.US

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites